The human body has a clever mechanism called nociceptors that sense damage and signals the brain, which is perceived as pain. When there is danger around injured body parts, the system sends a warning to be careful and allow it to recover. In many situations, pain is good otherwise there could be permanent damage to your body without your knowledge.
The issue arises, when the nociceptors send signals unnecessarily, can be higher than necessary, or persist for a long time. Under such conditions, the daily routine gets disturbed. There is a need to block pain and feel relieved. There are different kinds of pain.
- Acute pain – It comes suddenly and is short-lived. However, if it persists for more than six months the pain turns chronic.
- Chronic pain – Chronic pain persists for long and is debilitating. It becomes hard to manage persistent pain.
- Other pain types – Bone ache, nerve sting, soft tissue soreness, breakthrough throbbing, phantom pain, referred agony, and psychosomatic discomfort.
Common pain causes
- Central pain syndrome
- Traumatic injury
- Multiple sclerosis
- Spinal cord injury
- Regional pain syndrome
CBD and pain
CBD pain cream available on justcbdstore.com has been an effective product for pain management. However, make sure to read the label and use it properly. You can even buy other forms of CBD products like pills, edibles, etc. Consider taking the right dosage.
CBD supports pain in different ways
- Blocks the transmission of pain to the brain and spinal cord via opioid and vanilloid pain receptors.
- Inflammation gets reduced.
- Reduces common side effects associated with pain like depression, anxiety, and insomnia.
- Alleviates the core cause of arthritis pain.
- Tumors cause pain as their size increases, but CBD combats the growth of cancer.
For chronic pain
The inflammation process is generally a chemical reaction aimed to enhance the recovery of a tissue or organ damage. It eliminates the harmful or infectious intruders within your body. Sometimes, the inflammation reaches a point where the damaged tissue or organ triggers more soreness, thus continuing the cycle that can last lifelong. A study reported that CBD was effective in chronic pain that did not respond to other medications.
Arthritis is of two types –
- Rheumatoid arthritis
The underlying causes of both are different. However, both trigger chronic pain ranging from mild and sporadic to severe and debilitating. CBD alleviates the pain from both forms through analgesic effects. It is better if CBD is used internally as well as topically on the painful areas.
CBD dosage for pain management
A high dosage is recommended for pain management. Below is a simple guideline using weight and CBD strength?
- 100 lbs. – low strength 10 mg – mid strength 30 mg – high strength 60 mg
- 125 lbs. – low strength 13 mg – mid strength 38 mg – high strength 75 mg
- 150 lbs. – low strength 15 mg – mid strength 45 mg – high strength 90 mg
The above is a guideline for doses of pure CBD that needs to be used daily. It can be in any form of edibles, oil, or capsules. Remember to take the correct amount. CBD works and is a good option for pain management, give it a try!